The Big Data Top 10
2012 — “The Year of Big Data” — is coming to an end, but we know that Big Data itself is here to stay. So, whether you have been living on a desert island for the past twelve months (lucky you) and don’t know a thing about “Big Data” (not so lucky) — or, more likely, you have have been too busy keeping up with Big Data to actually read about it — we’re here to help.
The team here at Syncsort has compiled our “Top 10 ‘Don’t-Miss’ Big Data Resources of 2012.”
Check them out — and if you have some favorites of your own that are missing — continue the holiday spirit of giving and post them here!
Top 10 “Don’t-Miss” Big Data Resources of 2012:
- Wikibon.org Blog: A Comprehensive List of Big Data Statistics. Not convinced that Big Data is real? Check out more than 30 impressive stats on Big Data.
- TDWI’s Big Data Integration E-Book. A quick, eight-page guide to help wrap your head around how Big Data will change the way you think about Data Integration.
- IT Business Edge: Eight Ways Any IT Division Can Use Hadoop. Hadoop isn’t just for ultra-cutting-edge and cool use cases. This blog covers the most practical ways almost any company can put Hadoop to work.
- InformationWeek: “How to Find Strategic Advantage From Big Data.” What you need to know when prioritizing Big Data for your organization.
- CIO.com: “How comScore is Using Hadoop to Tame Its Big Data Flow.” Read how the Internet analytics giant (and Syncsort customer!) uses Hadoop to manage 32 billion new rows of data a day.
- FT.com: Decoding Big Data Series. 5-part series of articles offers great insight into what Big Data is and how companies across diverse industries are diving in.
- White Paper: “The Impact of Big Data on ETL”. BI analyst Mike Ferguson takes on — you guessed it — the impact of Big Data on ETL.
- Harvard Business Review Big Data Insight Center. Didn’t get your VP a holiday gift? Send them this — a one-stop shop for what senior executives need to know about Big Data.
- On-Demand Webcast: “Best Practices for Big Data Integration.” On this popular TDWI webcast, BI guru Claudia Imhoff provides a no-nonsense view about how you need to integrate your data for successful Big Data BI.
- Monash Research Blog: Some trends that will continue in 2013. Clear and concise, industry influencer Curt Monash offers his year-end predictions for the trends that will carry us into the new year.